• Register Today It's free!

315 75 16 Tires ???

milladog

Reaction score
City, State
Alpena Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer XLS 4x4
Hi guys, I got my hands on a set of Mickey Thompson MTZ 315 75 16 tires. I thought they where 285's but was wrong. I am ordering the 3" body lift and 2.5" spacers. I have stock rims on my 2002 xls. Will these fit or not is my question. I did a search and was trying to find anyone on here with that size with a picture so I could see what it would look like. And would my 4.0 turn them ok? lol thanks for any info on this guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Factory wheels are 7" so those wont fit. I think you need 8" minimum for those tires

Hi guys, I got my hands on a set of Mickey Thompson MTZ 315 75 16 tires. I thought they where 285's but was wrong. I am ordering the 3" body lift and 2.5" spacers. I have stock rims on my 2002 xls. Will these fit or not is my question. I did a search and was trying to find anyone on here with that size with a picture so I could see what it would look like. And would my 4.0 turn them ok? lol thanks for any info on this guys.

they wont fit without trimming in the rear

my guess is you will need new wheels for the 12.50 inch wide tires

Its not a question of wether or not you 4.0 can turn them but if you have a low enough gearing for them. If you dont plan on regearing you better hope you have 4.10 gears. Those are really going to dog the ex even with 4.10 gears. You will be putting unwanted stress on your truck if your gear ratio is really high.

Thanks for the info guys. I will sell them and get 285's then.

Back