3rd Generation Shopper - Price Expectation? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd Generation Shopper - Price Expectation?

NJExplorerFan

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Limited
I'm curious what type of pricing I can expect in the Northeast with 2003+ Explorers. Is there a huge price difference in the V6 and V8 models? I'm looking for an XLT model with 70 - 100K miles on it, and also deciding if I wanna get the V6 or V8. I've seen V6's range from $7,500 - $12K.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

depends on trim, miles, engine, condition, and 4wd. a '04 4wd v6 xls with 60,000+ miles lookin at bout 6k. with v8 look for about a 5-15% increase in price depending on seller, dealers add bout another 2,000 to price and private sellers are 50-50 on quality and honesty. best bet is find a kindly used one from rental shops. sometimes the have good deals on them, got mine for 8,000 with 40k one it 2 years ago

Kindly used and rental is an oxymoron isn't it?

Wow, am I getting ripped off in the Northeast region of the U.S? I've seen nothing under $7K. All have 70K+ miles too. What gives? Of course, these are just asking prices I'm seeing so far.

depending on vehicle year and equipment you could be looking at in between 6K and 15K avoid the 02's. I bought my 03 back in 2008 for 9K with 88K on her with the v8 and 4x4(LOADED XLT). post your rides up here and im sure we will be more than willing to tell you if its a good deal.

Kindly used and rental is an oxymoron isn't it?

a kindly used private rental, such as one from interprise is virtually non existent cause no one out there feel as though they are personally liable for the car, but cooperate rentals, like the one a buisness gives in people to drive when on a trip give taken well care of.

I just bought a loaded '03 Eddie Bauer V8 4x4 with 70k miles for $7000. Needs about $1000 in work; but has every option available, one owner and in perfect shape...

but I think this was a pretty good deal. All other similar cars with 'low' mileage were 10k or more... but that's in california.

Back