4.0 Hedman Hedders | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 Hedman Hedders

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the picture i saw looks like they were unequall lenght iwould say not worth the money. The gain vs pocket expense vs time to installl=not worth my time

do they make 92 4.0 headers that are equal?

there still going to be a very small gain considering what your going to pay. The money could be spent better else where.

Those are for a V-8. If they make them for the 4.0, at that price or better, then I would say go for it. I dont have the 4.0 but my 5.0 stock manifolds were very restrictive. I paid a lot for my Torque Monster headers but they made a huge difference. I think any header that takes those OEM exhaust manifolds out of the equation is worth it.:)

Header are by far one of the top mods you can do to increase torque, horsepower and mpg. Even unequal length headers or shorty headers will give you an improvement that is worth the trouble. On average you will get a 15% to 20% gain. You also need an exhaust that takes advantage of the headers, the next mod that would go hand in hand with the headers would be a cold air intake. You have to think of an engine as an air pump and your goal is to get more air in and out of it as effieciently and quickly as possible. The first two mods with any vehicle is to free up ony restrictions with the intake and the exhaust. Some stock manifolds are designed beter than others but none are as good as a set of headers. As far as equal length or "tuned" headers are concerned you don't have to worry about that unless you are thinking about making some serious horsepower, the "tuned" headers will make a difference over unequal length headers but the difference is miniscule on a stock motor.

Back