• Register Today It's free!

4" lift, tryin to get up to 7"

dixiexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
south carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 eb
ok i ordered some stuff for my 5" lift kit (4" tc coils, 1" spacers, soa perches, shocks, pitman arm) and will be buying 6"skyjacker axle pivot brackets, break lines, and custom r/a's) and im wondering if i did the right thing. For a mostly street explorer-75% and 25% offroad, but the offroading is trails with muds, ruts, hillclimbs, and some jumps, and very few rocks.

for that type of explorer would a solid axle be better then a 5" lift kit
i aslo plan on running a 35" m/t tires and later on 36" iroks with 4.56 gears(good highway driving)

I think you did fine in what you ordered. Unfortunately NO explorer ever came with a solid axle, the closest is the ttb which you (and I) have. For jumps i'd say the ttb is an awsome axle, it's proven. For mud and ruts though it can become abit of a plow. You shouldn't have too many problems running a 35" tire on it...but it's generally accepted around here that that's about as big as you go on the d35 ttb, you can however strenghten it up abit by putting d44 ttb outers on it, bigger bearing, and brakes.

I went back and forth for over 2 years between keeping my ttb or replacing it with a solid axle. I decided to do an sas beacause i felt it would be better on the types of trails i run and cost (for me) is similar if not less than a brand new ttb lift. Having said that the ttb should work just fine for you ;)

I hope to only lift mine 6"s total and run a 5.13 gear. I WILL be trimming though

Back