4x4 High blinking light. But will not go in 4x4 high either....note...transfer case has been replaced. Rearend replaced also....please help.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4x4 High blinking light. But will not go in 4x4 high either....note...transfer case has been replaced. Rearend replaced also....please help....

Trashman1

Reaction score
City, State
Allen park
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford Explorer xlt
4x4 high light blinking, truck will not go in to 4x4 high either..Transfer case replaced, and resend replaced too...please help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum!
Some backstory may help, why was the tcase and rear end replaced?

I don't think 4x4 codes will be standard OBD2. OP will need to use ForScan for the expanded codes.
4x4 high light flashes for other reasons not related to 4x4... wheel speed sensor for instance will cause the 4 high light to flash, which would throw a code for a wheel speed sensor.

4x4 high light flashes for other reasons not related to 4x4... wheel speed sensor for instance will cause the 4 high light to flash, which would throw a code for a wheel speed sensor.

and I believe that would fall under ABS which not all OBDII devices read...

I used obd2 as a generalization. I'm fairly certain everyone understands what I'm talking about without further complicating things. I apologize if I have upset you.

Need the codes. Get it on a good scantool. And if you can get some live data check the front & rear shaft speeds while you are at it. Check the main electrical connector. Check related fuses (see manual).

Need the codes. Get it on a good scantool. And if you can get some live data check the front & rear shaft speeds while you are at it. Check the main electrical connector. Check related fuses (see manual).

Back