5.0 cam swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0 cam swap

banbro said:
JKENTL.... You were able to spin your tires off the line? Does your X have the AWD? I have a '96 XLT 5.0 but it has the AWD and there is no way I can spin the tires on it as it sits. Have you done much for mods aside from the cam? I am working on getting a set of headers made so that I can then do the exhaust and continue with some other mods and reading this just excites me more!

thanks..

Brock

Yeah, I have the 2 wheel-drive, so it was not too difficult to lay a 15 foot patch with the stock cam. But now, with new cam I can't spin tires too easily, only when I power brake. I haven't really done anything else yet. If you read farther up in this thread you'll see what I plan on doing this summer. How is the search comming for the headers? I'm very interested in getting a set, so if you find anything let me know. I think there are quite a few people on this board that would like to put a set on.

CobraXP said:
I'm doing the cam and roller rockers mainly. Most of the other parts are things I took off... Only other 'new' parts will be a different lower manifold I polished up some, waterpump, and timing chain. The Eaton and other things will go back on also... :)

Once you're done putting the X back together I'd like to know what you think of the cam. Looks like you have some nice mods. I hope it works out great for you.

Did you install S/C yourself? Was there much room to do it? Was it easy? Thanks.

Back