600 hundred dollar deck and no wiring harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

600 hundred dollar deck and no wiring harness

88vert

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
clinton,iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 unlimited
I just bought a eclipse deck off somebody on this board,I will not mention no names.Well i got the deck today and there is no wiring harness or a trim ring,so i email the guy back and he tells me there is a wiring harness on it but you need a ford adapter{he must think I just fell off the turnip truck}It is just hard for me to believe that a 600 hundred dollar deck does not come with a wiring harness.Any comments?unless I am wrong and eclipse decks dont come with wiring harness,I cannot even tell if the deck works or not.Frustrated in Iowa

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there should be a wire harness that plugs into the back of the deck (unless it is an unpowered headunit that needs external amps).

if he wont give you the harness, you could get a replacement from eclipse. i hope he decides to send it to you because that is pretty shady. hope it's not a stolen headunit.

its got the scematics for the harness on the topside of the deck

well then he really should send you that wire harness.
if he doesnt have it, he should give you the money back.

He just emailed me a told me he found it.I am real happy about that,but the trim ring is still gone.Later Brad in Iowa

Back