Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lockrite

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JeepGuy93

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I'm posting in the modified section because I have fancy floor mats... Kidding...

1996 Explorer, at least that's where the axle is from... I have a 96 housing that had LSD, and an 01 open carrier. I'm looking to put a locker in it. This axle is going into my Jeep. Yes, it is a frankenhacked, curmudgeoned, swapped Jeep.

My front Dana 30 has a Spartan. Might as well be a spool, hence I'm not too happy with it. But, I can disconnect the axle shaft and I'm good to go.

Since this is the rear, driving full time, I NEED a good locker. Does anybody have experience with any locker around $300? I'm looking at the Aussie, as I've heard they're the best, and I've talked to an Aussie rep. But I'm looking to hear from the guys who use them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

60,000 miles on my Aussie still working good. Click, click ,click ;-)

I'm wishing I put an Aussie in my D30 instead of saving $60 on the Spartan... Ah, that was when I was getting ready for a Rush Offroad trip and found a bad hub bearing, u joint, and tie rod end during my pre-torture inspection!
:chug:

I bought my powetrax noslip from JEGS, for around 440 i think, Also the powertrax doesn't ratchet but it locks up solid. dont really ever notice it in daily driving unless I try to accelerate while turning.

Trutrac is a pretty good cheap reliable option but it isn't a full locker. I've only had it put power to one wheel a handful of times in 3 years.

Selectable is the best choice but obviously out of the desired price range you posted. I wish I had gone selectable the first time

Back