• Register Today It's free!

8.8 Rebuild kit?

KooK

Reaction score
City, State
Des Moines, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Ranger 4x4 5spd 4.0
Wondering if anybody here knows where to get a GOOD rebuild kit. I went to Ford and they said they wanted $600+ for theirs.

I just need a rebuild kit for my 99 Explorer 8.8 rear end w/LSD that I'm putting 4.10s in.

The gears are obviously no problem to find, the clutch packs are all over Jegs and Summit, but I just can't find bearings anywhere it seems.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Randy's Ring & Pinion should have the bearing kit. You also might check local parts stores.

What part of Des Moines do you live? My wife grew up about five blocks from George's The Chili King.

Haha, you're kidding, I always pass by that place and think of how old school it looks. Everybody tells me it's great but I've never stopped in. I'm out by the airport.

Also, what the heck is Randys ring and pinion?

Randy's Ring & Pinion is a mail order vendor of gears & bearing kits. They always have an ad in Four Wheeler & Petersen's 4Wheel & Off Road. You will need to call them for pricing.

George's The Chili King used to be a lot better several years ago. It changed owners a couple of years ago.

Back