8 pin and 12 pin connector diagram for 05 explorer power seat | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

8 pin and 12 pin connector diagram for 05 explorer power seat

larock22

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello ppl,

In dire need of help. I have an 05 XLT w/ 8-pin connector for cloth power seat. I got some leather power seats from an 05 Eddie Bauer w/ 12-pin connector. Need diagram for both. Just need to know which wires do forward and back on each. Gonna splice those wires together so i can move the leather seat back. Dont care about all the other directions etc.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know if the following topic has all the info you'll need, but it has some for an '06 Explorer and possibly this person did exactly what you're doing? There is at least a 12 pin connector diagram on page 3 of the topic:

Oh wait, '06 is the next generation Explorer, 4th generation. Maybe it's applicable info to your 3rd gen '05 or maybe not.

There is a PDF attached to this post I made previously. I don't recall if it has the 12 pin but I think it does have the 8. Long document, may take some searching in it to find that:

Otherwise, there's also a forum search: Search results for query: seat wiring

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know if the following topic has all the info you'll need, but it has some for an '06 Explorer and possibly this person did exactly what you're doing? There is at least a 12 pin connector diagram on page 3 of the topic:

Oh wait, '06 is the next generation Explorer, 4th generation. Maybe it's applicable info to your 3rd gen '05 or maybe not.

Yes, there is some info there and what seems to be a knowledgeable member, thank you!

Back