85 Ranger V6 intermittently cuts out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

85 Ranger V6 intermittently cuts out

Kim Haley

Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
85 Ranger v6
I've replaced the plug wires, ignition coil and coil wire, replaced the fuel filter on the carb, rebuilt the carburetor, replaced the ignition module about a year and a half ago. Manual fuel pump seems to be putting out plenty of fuel when I checked it. One issue it had about a year ago was the power wire that goes to the choke stove lost power. I traced the wire and found no connector issues, pinches or breaks. I'm guessing the signal comes from the ecu. I have since ran another fused power wire to the choke stove. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check the eeciv changeover threads this gets rid of tfi all of the vacuum mess it takes a dist out of an earlier mustang v6 and a 2100 autolite carb.
roscoe

check the eeciv changeover threads this gets rid of tfi all of the vacuum mess it takes a dist out of an earlier mustang v6 and a 2100 autolite carb.
roscoe
What years of v6 mustang would work for a distributor?

I hear mid 70's mustang with2.6 liter carb is just a 2 barrel autolite I wouldn't get too new of one.
roscoe
ps need the control box for the ignition and wiring to dist my '84 has the wiring from the cab bt the drivers side wiring from the cab
good luck

Back