94 Explorer - Both front speakers stopped working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Explorer - Both front speakers stopped working

KiloWatts

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer
I have post-market speakers and deck. The rear speakers are powered by a Kenwood amp. The front speakers are powered by the deck amp.

Recently, both of my front speakers stopped working. The back two work fine.

Is this an Explorer issue, or did my deck amp just burn out? Is there a way to tell? (ie: fuse blown, wire not connected, etc)

I'm confused. If it's all aftermarket, how could it possibly be an Explorer issue?

I'm also confused as to why you ran the fronts off of the deck, and used an amp for the rears. If you are only going to use one amp, it only makes sense to amp the front speakers. For the rear, either disconnect them completely, run them off the same amp (if it will take it), or as a last resort run them off the deck.

Check your wiring first. Chances of both speakers going out at the same time are very slim. If it is your deck, deck power sucks anyway, so it doesn't necessarily mean you should chunk the deck if it still has good RCA outs.

Yea I don't understand this as well. Have you tried putting the fronts on the AMP to see if they work? If so just leave them on there. You can probally get a little more power out of them. Keep us updated.

Back