• Register Today It's free!

'94 limited with a few issues

rhowe7op

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Limited
so i got a few problems as of late. first off i got a '94 limited with 60k miles and it's never really had any major problems. recently my brakes went out while i was driving so the last thing i've done was replace the entire brake system. so heres the issues i would greatly appreciate any help:

1) this one is not that important but it's a little weird, lately when i start my truck the ABS light comes on and stays on till i stop the engine. The weird thing is it only does this if i start the truck then immediately back out/pull forward fairly quickly, it has to be a pretty fast accelaration.

2) here's the main problem... after driving for a while say 2+ hours my check engine light will come on. it'll only stay on for a little while(maybe 30 seconds) then it'll go off and then come on some random time later(a minute, 10 minutes, whenever) it keeps doing this till i let the truck cools down for about 30 minutes then it takes a another couple hours. Also if i drive for a while after it comes on at first, i had it one time come on and stay on till i pulled over and turned it off and on then it stayed off. the problem is after it comes on i notice that the truck loses all power, i can floor it and the revs stay at whatever they were and then after about 5 seconds will slowly go up taking about 15 seconds to get up there when the acceleration will kick in.
now is this a sign of the problem thats causing the check engine light, or is this a result of the check light as the truck goes into a like "limp" mode or something...

thanks for reading and thanks for any help.
cheers,
russ

SOP when the CEL comes on is to pull the trouble codes from the computer. If nothing else, there should be a code stored in memory to indicate what fault the computer saw. See www.fordfuelinjection.com or www.troublecodes.net/Ford or any other of a number of web sites with instruction or a good repair manual for instructions. Only requires a paper clip.

Back