• Register Today It's free!

95 lift

alat115

Reaction score
City, State
rock hill ,sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
hey guys i ahve a 1995 4X4 explorer xlt and i want to lift it up . i've searched around but can't seem to find a decise answer. what do i ned to buy to lift i found a 1995 ford ranger 4X4 lift kit is that what i need

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have a couple of options. You can get a Performance Accessories Body lift for the Ranger #853, or a 2" body lift for the 91-94 Explorer Performance Accessories #792, a 4" Superlift, and/or a 2" Torsion twist along with Warrior aftermarket lift shackles or AAL (add a leafs).

ok i want the 4" super lift who makes that and if i get that do i need tohe torsion twist

LOL.. Superlift makes one and so does Trailmaster. Here's is the link on the installation.. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133899 Also its gonna cost you a good $1800 to $2000 be prepared for it. For torsion twist, all you need is a socket wrench & some jacks.. Your essentially cranking on the torsion bar adjuster to raise the suspenion about 1.5 to 2 inches.

Nope the ranger uses a different type of suspension.. They used TTB, the 95-01 uses a IFS Torsion bar setup.

what's the link for the "performance accesories body lift " for the ranger that you said would work

ok just answere this one queswiton i decided i am goin to get a 3" body lift but do i need to get a 94 lift or the 96 lift

im not sure which one specifically but i believe the part number is PA 883 and its for a ranger but thats the one everyone uses for the explorers

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the 853 & 883 use different steering extensions. Can someone with a 98-01 with a body lift post their extension.

i have had both steering ext's in front of me to compare ( i know, should have taken a pic but didnt) they are indeed diffrent....95-97 need the shaft out of the 853 kit, 98 and up need the 883 kit.

one more question i want to go with a torsion twist and some rear add a leafs do they make add a leafs for the 95 explorer or should ig et the one made for the ranger

Back