• Register Today It's free!

A/C line blown?

bobbarker3244

Reaction score
City, State
Twin Cities, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Was working on my 94 XLT with 193k on it and i have a small leak on the system last summer so i thought id get workin on it before i have to take 2 300 mile trips to the cabin. Got one can in the system and the compressor clutch was kicking on and off so i knew the system had some coolant in. Got the 2nd can in and got it to the point where the clutch wasnt kicking on and off, but the pressure was low still, just as im getting close to 35 psi, I hear a noise up front and ended up putting a hole in my AC coolant system.

What im wondering is if there is a easy fix for this? I know its up by the condenser infront of the radiator but i cant see where the line or gasket blew.

Any help would be appreciated or even a diagram of the A/C system.

No easy fix,track it down and see if the condenser blew or the line to it.Line is $100+ and the condenser is $125+.Then the evacuate and refill that has to be done with a vacuum pump and gauge set so a shop job if you don't have that.I would change the drier also.

You can put the parts on,you will need a tiny amount of refrigerant oil to lube the o rings.:D

Back