A fun AC problem with an easy fix i dont have an answer to | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A fun AC problem with an easy fix i dont have an answer to

XploreAlaska

Reaction score
City, State
Wasilla, Alaska / USMC camp pendleton, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited
So when i pulled my motor out to replace it with a new one i had all sorts of stuff unplugged hangin out all over the place. i didnt label any of them because i usually dont have a problem putting wires / hoses back where they belong. except for one stupid wire on the AC wiring harness.
Description: Follow the wire from the top of the AC compressor until it splits into two different sets of wires. where it branches off it has a round plug with 4 holes in it. the plug has 12 volts running through it when the AC is on.

anyway, i have NO IDEA where that stupid thing plugs into. if anyone could take a minute to look on their explorer and let me know where to stab that plug into i would appreciate it TONS!! (cant take the baby in the vehicle with no AC so i have to drive my stupid focus everywhere)
thanks in advance
-Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it's the one I think your describing, it doesn't actually look like an electrical plug at first glance, it could be mistaken for a fill port or something of the like. Follow the line from the compressor and there should be a plug, on the A/C line, near the condenser.

EDIT: I found a pic for you. The white circle is the connector for the A/C compressor to the condenser, and the plug is on the condenser side.
71il2u.jpg

wow i cant believe i didnt see that before.... all is well now.. bring on the r13a!!

R134a....

sticky button. i didnt know i could dump three 16 oz cans into that thing and still have room for more. spendy.

I hope some of that freon you are putting in has oil in it.

Back