Adding spacers on top of rancho loaded quick lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding spacers on top of rancho loaded quick lift?

DHart

Reaction score
City, State
Park Hills,MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0
Callsign
BeringseaRed
Do they make spacers that I can put on top of my quick lift to get a couple more inches of lift? I found some online but the stud pattern is offset on the rear spacers and complete opposite on the front spacers!! How would that work??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don’t think your driveline components could handle a few more inches.

I'm about to do exactly that, ill let you know how it goes.
I'll be using quick lifts all the way around, plus strut spacers (2" of lift in the front/ 1.5" lift in the back). I also have BTF front uniball upper control arms for safety- stock ball joints would be really stressed with both, and have been known to separate- causing terrible accidents.
Remember that strut spacers work geometrically in the front- my front spacers are only a little over an inch high, but should yield about 2" lift.
The rear spacers are more of a 1:1 ratio- my rear spacers are about 1.4" and should yield roughly 1.5" lift.
These are the spacers I have:

strutblocks.jpg

Do they make spacers that I can put on top of my quick lift to get a couple more inches of lift? I found some online but the stud pattern is offset on the rear spacers and complete opposite on the front spacers!! How would that work??
You can’t just keep ‘stacking’ lifts in this suspension. As you approach 3” your ball joint and CV joint angles are so severe that they are going to wear prematurely. Your rear axles will also rub on the frame. I have only 2” of spacer lift, and I can see where my rear axles have rubbed after a few trails. I replaced the ball joints in my X with greas-able Moogs to extend their life.

As you push the suspension down with struts & spacers you are moving closer to the bottom of the suspension travel. You don’t want to be driving around with the suspension at ‘bottom out’ as you will risk losing contact with the road This is even worse in the trails if you have an open differential.

As far as the stud pattern, you simply rotate the mount on the strut 180 degrees.

I’ll start with the Quick Lifts since I need new struts anyway. If the spacers add too much angle, maybe I’ll do a 1.5” or 2” body lift instead if I have to. I don’t need it super high, just need to clear 33x12.50r17’s.

I have 5” of lift (3” body + 2” spacer) and clearance is tight with 32” tires (265/75/16). I don’t rub on the street, but when flexing on the trail I have rubbed the plastic liner in the front.

You can’t just keep ‘stacking’ lifts in this suspension. As you approach 3” your ball joint and CV joint angles are so severe that they are going to wear prematurely. Your rear axles will also rub on the frame. I have only 2” of spacer lift, and I can see where my rear axles have rubbed after a few trails. I replaced the ball joints in my X with greas-able Moogs to extend their life.

As you push the suspension down with struts & spacers you are moving closer to the bottom of the suspension travel. You don’t want to be driving around with the suspension at ‘bottom out’ as you will risk losing contact with the road This is even worse in the trails if you have an open differential.

As far as the stud pattern, you simply rotate the mount on the strut 180 degrees.
I got the BTF control arms with uniball joints and they are great! Looks awesome too! Do you know if they make cold air intakes for the 04 explorer 4.0

DD907D00-A28D-4E0E-A32C-4EF91ADACE35.jpeg
BTF fabrication upper control Arms with uni-ball joints, Rancho Quick lifts and 2.5” spacers 2004 Ford Explorer! It handles great, does tend to need alignments more often and ball joints, but once the shocks got broke in she handles really well! Does any one know of any High performance transmissions,engine upgrades, andhigh performance rear differentials I could get that are compatible?

I did the same thing, you can see in my posts above. No problems😎👍
I don’t know what you could use for better transmissions or rear differentials, mine is all stock except for a flow master muffler. Good Luck!👍

Attachments

• A6379550-9496-4059-A79E-2725030FB6A3.jpeg
    A6379550-9496-4059-A79E-2725030FB6A3.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 150
  • 41D32EA5-2FFC-4AC2-B6DE-2117CAA1465A.jpeg
    41D32EA5-2FFC-4AC2-B6DE-2117CAA1465A.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 145

I added the Grumpy Duck on the hood and a light that shines down on reflective teeth I made in the lower grille. They scare old folks out of my way!😆😜

Attachments

• 729F842B-1A7B-4C5F-A2A2-EE2F2F275144.jpeg
    729F842B-1A7B-4C5F-A2A2-EE2F2F275144.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 4AB57D5F-ED16-4515-9DCD-7CEDE7D5FCDA.jpeg
    4AB57D5F-ED16-4515-9DCD-7CEDE7D5FCDA.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 113

on my last ex i had a 3 in body btf spacers and UCA and rancho quicklifts running 34.5 s .... they were great.... until you hit a bump... i cannot tell you how many rear cv axles i replaced with that setup not to mention the ride was so rough

Back