Aftermarket head unit work with rear entertainment? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket head unit work with rear entertainment?

slimfitz

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Limited
Hello, My wifes 2006 explorer limited has just had a boat load of money dumped into it. We originally were going to trade it in but now we will take a huge loss on it. So we are keeping it with the exception that I install a stereo that will link to her iphone so she can make calls and listen to her itunes. Now it has the factory navigation with the rear entertainment. Will an aftermarket navigation unti work the rear entertainment system also? I would like to install the newer navigation with sync but it just seems to expensive to buy that stuff used. So my question is what is the best aftermarket in dash navigation with iphone/bluetooth that will work with the rear entertainment? Thanks Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you. I will look into this. I assume it just allows the rear to be operated from the rear. As it is now with the factory setup we can operate the back from the front stereo. This is nice when two year olds are screaming it turned off

I too am looking for a double din that I can do the same with my 03 with the entertainment system. I followed the link but couldnt find the same harness for my model year that would allow control of the ent system

I too am looking for a double din that I can do the same with my 03 with the entertainment system. I followed the link but couldnt find the same harness for my model year that would allow control of the ent system

there isnt anything available for your year. in that gen you had to burry the factory radio

Back