Ah, found out what the Aux button does in my '06 Eddie | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ah, found out what the Aux button does in my '06 Eddie

mhallsj

Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
I have searched this forum, google, crutchfield, etc. MANY times to figure out what the "Aux" button on my stereo does in my '06 Eddie Bauer that I bought 6 months ago. I just today figured out that the Aux input is on the side of factory installed DVD system. I always assumed that the inputs there were activated on the stereo when I select "DVD". I personally find it a bit weird that Ford neglected the iPod plugin in '06 but put this up there for playstations and what-not, alas I am now happy to know that I have a way to use that darn button!!

This may have been discovered / posted in the forum before but I couldn't find it so for anyone looking to solve the same mystery, there ya go!

- Marc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That AUX button on a '06 XLT

I have searched this forum, google, crutchfield, etc. MANY times to figure out what the "Aux" button on my stereo does in my '06 Eddie Bauer that I bought 6 months ago. I just today figured out that the Aux input is on the side of factory installed DVD system. I always assumed that the inputs there were activated on the stereo when I select "DVD". I personally find it a bit weird that Ford neglected the iPod plugin in '06 but put this up there for playstations and what-not, alas I am now happy to know that I have a way to use that darn button!!

This may have been discovered / posted in the forum before but I couldn't find it so for anyone looking to solve the same mystery, there ya go!

- Marc

I just picked up a used 2006 and have that AUX button as well. Are you saying there is a place to plug in a cable in order to play an IPOD?

Hmmm....Can you use a Ipod to play on a Factory system? If so could I get tutorial....:thumbsup:

Hmmm....Can you use a Ipod to play on a Factory system? If so could I get tutorial....:thumbsup:

Thats what I'm trying to find out from the Eddie Bauer, I have the XLT but I dont see any (visable) inputs for an IPOD......I'm thinking you have to take the thing apart to access the inputs but that doesnt sound logical ??

Thats what I'm trying to find out from the Eddie Bauer, I have the XLT but I dont see any (visable) inputs for an IPOD......I'm thinking you have to take the thing apart to access the inputs but that doesnt sound logical ??

It looks like you need to purchase and install this part

pa15-ford1

2006-2009 Ford Explorer/Mountaineer.... what about 2010?

Back