Ambient Lighting not working after updating to SYNC 3.4.23188 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ambient Lighting not working after updating to SYNC 3.4.23188

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
My ambient light stopped working in my 2018 explorer sport.

I have tried disconnecting the battery negative cable for 15 mins...did not work

I have pressed the next button and power and master resets multiple times...did not work

Can anyone help me?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Many have updated to that version but this is the first such report. Have you checked to see if the Ambient Lighting feature is enabled/turned ON?

Peter

Many have updated to that version but this is the first such report. Have you checked to see if the Ambient Lighting feature is enabled/turned ON?

Peter
Thank you, it's turned on

Thank you, it's turned on
I have no idea then as to why the 'Lighting' isn't working. It appears you've tried everything that I would possibly have suggested and there is no fuse listed for it either. Post 2016, several listings for fuses have been removed. I believe those items are now controlled by the BCM.

Peter

I have no idea then as to why the 'Lighting' isn't working. It appears you've tried everything that I would possibly have suggested and there is no fuse listed for it either. Post 2016, several listings for fuses have been removed. I believe those items are now controlled by the BCM.

Peter
Something in the sync update must after my asbuilt data. I was ready somewhere, that you are suppose to turn off head lights during sync update. I guess I have to buy a obd 2. Do you know what ambient forscan suppose to be to make it working again?

Something in the sync update must after my asbuilt data. I was ready somewhere, that you are suppose to turn off head lights during sync update. I guess I have to buy a obd 2. Do you know what ambient forscan suppose to be to make it working again?
I'm not into FORScan so I can't help you there. As for having to have the headlights OFF during an update doesn't make sense to me. That would mean that you can only update using the USB during the day. Doesn't sound right.

Peter

Back