another lowered x thread. (Advice needed) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

another lowered x thread. (Advice needed)

sino

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SOHC Sport
Obviously, im looking to lower my sport as soon as spring rolls around.
I've read and read and read some more about not lowering a 4x4 more than 2 inches.
But I still want to lower it atleast 3 inches (if not more). Possibly turning into a 2wd by next spring.

So, I know that i'll be doing the torsion adjuster flip in the front and blocks in the back.
When adding blocks, do i remove the leaf packs that are on my monoleaf?

Also, I'll be putting on some 17x9 (5 inch backspace and 0 offset) soft 8's on my sport.
What is a good size tire to accommodate the wheels and the drop?

I've seen numerous members using the ias lowering shocks for their lowered explorers,
so i'm guessing that would be a good investment. correct? along with the ee sway bars?

I'm a bit confused on c-notches but i'll do some more research on that before i jump ahead of myself. (if i do decide to go lower)

So basically any info / advice / recommendations would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

thanks. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anybody have some advice?

still no suggestions..?

anybody running wheels with 0 offset?
the search for it is completely useless.

a little help is all im asking for.. thanks

So, I know that i'll be doing the torsion adjuster flip in the front and blocks in the back.
When adding blocks, do i remove the leaf packs that are on my monoleaf?

no, if you do the leaf will not be properly supported, and could fracture causing bodily injury and maybe death,

thank you, corkey.

You can get about 2.5-3" max drop out of the suspension and still be able to align it. Either crank down your torsion bolts, remove them for max drop, or buy some reindexed torsion keys. As for the shocks, Doetsch Nitro Slammers #1 FTW!

thanks, slammed. im going to look into the nitro slammers.

Back