Any concerns using 245/70/17 tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any concerns using 245/70/17 tires

AHaskin14

Reaction score
City, State
Huntsville AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer 4x4
Just got an 07 Eddie Bauer (havent even picked it up yet) and I would really like to get General Grabber AT2's for it. I live in upstate NY and have no problem going out in a few inches of snow given I have a good tire. The stock size is 245/65/17 but the closest I can get the AT2's is in 245/70/17. Anyone tried a tire of that size and can verify everything will work normal. Or any other advice?

The OEM BFG Rugged Trail's that come on the vehicle are just fine for a "couple" of inches of snow. If you want to step it up to a true all terrain then Cooper's Discoverer AT3's will do everything you want and some in the factory size.

You may get close to rubbing on the inside edge of the wheel wells with that size tire. The width is fine, but I don't now if you can get away with 30.5 inch tires and no mods.

I agree with Flag Gibby, Cooper AT3's are a fantastic tire and run in many sizes. If I could run them, I would. Unfortunately they don't make that tire in 20 inch rim size that will fit.

Back