Anyone else here from the UK?

ChrisHeapy

Reaction score
City, State
Macclesfield, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT (UK version)
Hi all,
I've just aquired a 1997 XLT, maybe in need of a little TLC, mods and accessories, are there are any sources for these in the UK?

I just fell in love with the Explorer, looks good, drives well, and over here it stands out from the crowd. Of course, you have to be serious when petrol (gas) costs nearly £5 gallon! When I figure out how to attach pics I'll post one.

Regards,
Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome Chris!!

We do have some members from the UK around here I believe. Michael (donkeyboy) is from the UK and now live here in the states in Virginia. A UK Explorer is a rarity, it would be nice to see Ford offer a diesel for you all, I'm sure that would help its sales over there as well. From my understanding, a diesel for the UK Explorer is in the works! I also like the North Face Explorer that they offer over there! I'd take a North Face over an Eddie Bauer any day!! Welcome again and happy posting!:)

Hi Chris:

Are you the same Chris Heapy behind "The Model Engineer" web site. If you are, we have a lot more in common that our love of Explorers.

Hope to hear from you.

Yes, that's right!

Trying to resist the temptation of pulling the whole thing apart to see how it works :)

Chris

huh? UK? that's getting very interesting...... I just posted a few pix of an Explorer I spotted on my last trip to Europe last year. I'm about to move to Poland and I'm thinking about taking my baby with on the trip. That would be fun to have a run somewhere in Europe.......

oh boy!

i used to live in the center of london..i went to the american school in london...where are u from

Pete, nothing firm yet. I'm just toying with the idea.......

Later,

UK is tempting though....... find me a job and I'm there in a second....... well, more like in 9 hours on BA or Virgin.... lol.

Pemerling~ i also went to ASL. I was there from 90-94, left half way through my freshmen year.
I miss the Marlbough Pub.

my last year was 1990-91 i think...what grade were u in then

I lived there too

I lived in London for two years also '94-'95, i went to London Central High School.......I also lived in Iceland for 3 years '91-'94

oh hell, i was only in 5th grade in 90'

so was i

freaky stuff

cant seem to find that old yearbook.

whats your name? or does your birthcirtificate say pemerling?

hey...my name is pete emerling ... i hung out with some kid name matt gaines, terrence highland i thinkg and a bucnh of other people. i had mr bulldock as my teacher...i have my old yearbook but its at home and i probably wont be home for like four more months

Back