Anyone have full PremiumCARE coverage? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone have full PremiumCARE coverage?

Odrapnew

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Just wondering if anyone has the FULL list of covered items under the PremiumCARE ESP?

Mainly curious about heated steering wheel. The brochure I found doesn't list it, but also states the list is a partial list.

This is actually for my 18 Edge, but those forums are fairly quiet these days.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wondering if anyone has the FULL list of covered items under the PremiumCARE ESP?

Mainly curious about heated steering wheel. The brochure I found doesn't list it, but also states the list is a partial list.

This is actually for my 18 Edge, but those forums are fairly quiet these days.
You can find it by looking up "premiumcare brochure" on the Internet. It is available as a PDF.

1684624227370.png

1684624324717.png

Peter

I found that brochure, but it states "partial list". I want the full list of covered items.

Heated steering wheel must be covered, right?

In short, the heated part of the wheel doesn't work and my Edge has adaptive steering. Apparently in order to fix the heated part, the full steering wheel needs to be replaced. The wheel itself is about $2000 (USD), plus labor.

I'm currently under the drivetrain part of Gold Certified CPO, so I'm trying to determine if I should cough up the extra $ to get the PremiumCARE ESP. Basically, the cost of the ESP would more than cover the wheel, plus it would be good for 5 years (based on the plan I chose).

That is the only document I have ever seen on the PremiumCare ESP. I don't recall anyone having an issue with the heated steering wheel so I don't know if anyone has more info on it. You could always try contacting your dealership.

Peter

I have PremiumCARE and looked at the list on my Contract. I didn't see 'heated steering wheel' specifically called out, even in the Electrical or High Tech areas. There IS one mention of coverage for "manually operated electrical switches" and another for "heater control assembly".

PremiumCARE includes PowertrainCARE, BaseCARE & ExtraCARE - each covering a portion of vehicle. Under the heading PremiumCARE there is a statement that is all inclusive and I suppose would cover the heated steering wheel:
"If You elected PremiumCARE, all Failures are covered EXCEPT for those items excluded in the Provision titled: “WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS AGREEMENT.”

I found that exclusion topic and it didn't specify heated steering wheel as not covered. Sad to say but my guess is that you'll have to get the Dealer to decide if it is covered.

And even if the dealership says the item is covered, if it is caused by corrosion that is NOT covered under the ESP. I found this out when my IA door handle stopped working. They tore everything apart and found the main body harness was corroded at the connector under the hood.

The corrosion exclusion is listed in the brochure.

Thanks for all the input.
To me, it seems like it should be a no brainer that it would be covered, except for the corrosion potential.

I did find a post on a different Ford forum (can't find it again), but the excluded items were more like wear items (brakes, tires...etc), rust/corrosion on body panels, lights (exterior), acts of God, accidents...etc. Stuff like that.

Back