anyone have thoughts or experience with air lift "ride control" air springs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone have thoughts or experience with air lift "ride control" air springs?

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
Hi all, after a few years of pulling my boat around, i have noticed that my rear leaf springs have begun to sag just a bit. currently, i have warrior #153 shackles on my springs giving them a few extra inches of height. my plan is to change out my leaf springs with a set of springs from a 1992-1995 F-150, but now i am looking into getting some air springs to help when pulling my boat and trailer.

here is a link to a set of air springs and compressor kit i found online: http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index...ucts_id=6736&gclid=CNCeoouKjNECFZFefgodAa8NRg

i know midnightrebel ran some air springs on his trac a long while ago, maybe he can chime in. my main questions are, does anyone out there have any experience installing and using this type of set up on their rig? and if so, what are your thoughts? and if i choose to install some air springs, should i continue with the F-150 spring install too?

my truck is a weekend warrior, i dont do much commuting with it day to day, i mainly use it for chores and projects around the house, pulling my boat around to the boat launches and lakes here in northern california, and of course, getting into the dirt and exploring off road in the sierra mountains and redwoods for some hiking and camping.

any help, info, opinions and thoughts are welcome. merry xmas everyone!

Not sure about those airbags but I have firestone airbags on the rear of my Tacoma BAJA. They're awesome. I had 3,800 lbs in the bed of my Tacoma (didn't realize it was that much until I got home and weighed the concrete pavers). The truck didn't squat at all but the tires were. I usually run 10psi in them and run between 25-50psi depending on loads, in bed or trailer. I have the daystar cradles which allow me to flex the suspension out and not rip the bags off because they aren't bolted on both ends.

FB_IMG_1482619602354.jpg

I've never used them, but Air Lift has been around forever selling their airbag lifts/helpers. I have Monroe air shocks on my ST with the topper, tools, and way too much junk always in it - besides some towing. I like 'em, and somehow they're cheaper than regular shocks.

Back