Anyone remove the 90 degree elbow after the throttle body on the 5.0? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone remove the 90 degree elbow after the throttle body on the 5.0?

It seem like air having to turn right after the throttle plate would kill flow and response. Wondering if a straight shot like a stang style throttle can be done. Maybe a stang t-body, sensors, cable, and cruise cable from servo out? Then build an intake track from intakeparts.com?

The 90degree does hurt air flow.... The straighter is always better, but with the restrictions from the A/C box and whatnot, there is only so much you can do... I dont have the Explorer style 5.0 so Im not sure what you can do, but the best is probably a 45 degree, right? The trouble and expense you will go through is not gonna be worth the return, believe me.... I doubt you would actually "see" a difference at all. If it was a high hp supercharged or turbo application, you might be able to get some decent ponies out of it, but other than that I wouldnt mess with it. Keep it clean..... good luck and let us know....

You could take it off and port and polish it. It will suport 75mm after that ? probley gets a little thin. And egr is the other thing, if yours is iternal it would be easy if not you could run the older setup but i think the wiring is different?

Back