Anyone try this lift ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone try this lift ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also in the description it says its a torsion key. Like stated above. You can do that on a stock truck for free. It doesnt list anything for the rear.

Also will not clear 35" tires...

I'm guessing it might come with shackles for the rear but your better off cranking the stock keys 1.75" and putting on an add a leaf for the rear.

i second the add-a-leaf. it stiffens the rear end a bit and doesnt flatten the leaf pack like shackles

IMO, I build many off road vehicles for many types of terrain depending what the customer's needs are. As far as add-a-leafs. I have both in my 2wd ST pre-runner project. Unless you tow heavy items often, then do yourselves a huge favor and search for the "long" add-a-leaf only.The short thick add-a-leaf really stiffens up the ride and actually makes for a bit of a stiff off road ride. The long add-a-leat allows the springs to articulate nicely,and the ride quality is better because of it
I have long shackles as well for the time being. One thing I didnt notice on the rig in the pics is the shocks look stock. The stock shocks with a larger tire ride poor. The average joe may not notice at first, but eventually will notice the ride quality getting worse by the mile. A great quality shock on all for corners coupled with what has been done already, will make for an awesome riding,sporty handling and off road worthy rig. Thanks for reading.

I have been considering switching to or adding the long add a leaf. I like the short leaf and the ride is fine IMO but I'm afraid a long and short together would be too much. The tires i have factor more into my ride than the leafs but that's because I have LR E tires. I really wish I had bought the long initially though.

Back