Anyone use a 115v wire feed welder? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone use a 115v wire feed welder?

Originally posted by bipolarbob
.I will still have to run a dedicated circut,

I dont know how far you are going, but if its over 50 feet or so i would run 10-2 for the run to the outlet if your running new cable. Cant be too big, and the incremental cost wont be too much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good plan.I am gonna talk to one of the electritians at work.

Woah that's a lot of info.Love this site.Was hoping to get one for around 500.I will go to OK welders.You used to live in the OK? A few of us are doing a run near the coast in the spring, you in?
Yep i was raised in salmonarm but spent a few years in the vernon area then logging went to crap and i moved out here :(
Would love to make a run out there in the spring but i dont think my rig will be ready by then... winter mod's... you know ;) my little project

Salmon Arm is nice....Real nice.Holy crap dude is that an anodized solid!?!WTF:eek: :eek:

I have a little Lincoln Weldpack 100 dual mig and it works fine. I put on some reinforcing on my tube bumper with it and have higlifted off of it a buncha times with no problem. I also put endcaps on my frame with it. Nuthin too intense yet but I have plans...:)

the beams on this ranger were welded with a 115v mig & they are brutally punished with no breakage after a few years of abuse---welding is more about the user than equipment (dead link)

(dead link)

sorry, that didn't work, just cut & post

What you want to do can be done with a 115V Mig welder, but I think that you'd be much happier with a 220V, and you would use it a lot more because you will be happier with your results. I was comtemplating whether to get the Millermatic 135 or 175, and I opted for the 175 since it's more efficient, has a better duty cycle, can weld thicker metal, and it would have been a lot easier for me to get accustomed to it since I'm used to using Miller Deltaweld 451's with .045" wire at work. At least using .035" with my 175 wasn't much of an adjustment, but I'm sure that I would have been kicking myself in the head if I did buy the 135 instead of the 175.

I bought the miller 175 a while back & am extremely happy with it. Check out welders-direct.com for a great price, that's where I bought mine

110v guys-

one thing you can do to extend your duty cycle is weld with the shroud open and a box fan blowing on it. i know mine will run alot longer open and w/fan when you have it maxed out.

Back