• Register Today It's free!

Anyone with Alpine?

miclightning

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Eddie Bauer
i just recently installed 4 new kenwood 6x8 speakers in my doors, panasonic headunit ghost touch screen, 1000 watt visonik amp, and 2 12" Alpine Type R subs, how hard should these be hitting? They sound very loud in the car, but when im outside, it seems i hear my music alot more than the bass, is that right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the ex is really good at keeping sound in..really sealed like my moms car..remember if u can go through deep water that means the car is sealed..not much air gets out

they should hit hard enough to rattle the car prety well but im gunna go out on a limp and asume that 1kwatt amp is max..soooo u might want to find the RMS the ams giving the subs just to see how close u are to there nominal power handaling

hope that helped

please don't tell me you really want it to be loud on the outside...

also, try standing 50 yards in front of it and checking how loud it is.

if you really need it to be loud outside- try removing sound deadening, as it gets quieter inside it will get louder outside

also, try standing 50 yards in front of it and checking how loud it is.
Ill second that, give it a try and you will be suprised.

well i stood back aways..... and i heard the actual music more than the bass, its startin to piss me off. i have the gain all the way up on the amp, and have the bass at +6 db..... the highest it goes on my headunit.

So, your pissed you can't annoy people?

LOL that is pretty funny. Trust me you dont want to piss off people otherwise you are going to get in with the local law and they like to give tickets!

hehe if it's such a big deal just crack your windows a little bit!

you should not be worryin about how it sounds on the outside. i bought my two 10" type r's so my music would sound better... i don't give a rats @$$ what people think about it. you shouldn't be trying to impress people with ur "bump." to tell you the truth, when someone drives by me with an extreme amount of bass it makes them look like idiots, like all they want is attention. and that is why a lot of people buy subs... well thats what it seams like. stop caring about what others think.

where i live, its illegal if you can hear music from 50 ft away... i think

never underestimate a girl and her truck ;)

yea

lol... well, being a recent Virginia MECA driveby record holder, I have to say, fire your subs UP and you'll be louder outside... but it'll sound like poo.

lol, 124.7dB on a Linear X mic with "can u hear me" by Bass Mechanic at 6 ft away from the passenger window...

I had some free time at a competition once and got to 126.9dB at 26Hz, that was my outside peak, but inside it peaked at 51Hz doing 147.9dB

of course I had an 18" x.. and 1500 watts, lowend was easy.

I was trying to set my gains the other day in the back alley and the lady across from us gave me **** because her dishes were rattling in the house... hehe. :D

i dunno if the words stereo and legal can fit in the same sentance.. =)

in cali any stock stereo can be deamed illegal because u can hear it outside the car...so by the law they would probably arest drew =) lol

hey mine fire up and they sound just fine...

it does get pretty loud outside too, but thats the price you have to pay.

as for the person who thinks it makes you look like a moron or whatever- wait until someone with a real system pulls up beside you and you glance over and there is an explosion on the big screen and your car
bout breaks. you'll be jealous

expo: talking bout yourself again?? lol:D

so ill jsut go ahead and ask in here, how good will 2 type R 15"s sound?? my frined just got one, his second is on the way, also can you reccomend an amp he use? Drew, got any good deals you could offer:D ...

PEACE

if drew drove up next to u..u would be to busy trying to stop your ears from bleading to worry about weather he was an idiot or not =)

I have an Alpine CDA-7892 HU. Complimented by a Alpine CHA-S634 6-disc changer. I have a Pioneer 12 inch TS-W34C (sealed) being pushed by a Planet Audio TT2150 amp X 2, 300 RMS Bridged. The Pioneer is rated at 91-93db. Puppy gets loud for a man my age.(46) I have some Cadence ZX-5Kit 5.25 Components for the front stage, and some Polk 5x7’s for rear fill. Running off a Pioneer GM-X374 70x4 amp. (Modest setup with regards to price, but it works for me.)

But I agree totally...if you want to deter Mr. Thief. Don’t let him know what you have in your car. Cost a lot of money to trick out your vehicle..why advertise to every would-be thief in the neighborhood that your pushing some serious sound?

Damn the hormones of youth.
I can barely listen to the Alpine over a volume level of 12 or more. (except when Road Noise becomes a factor) The installers preferred it at 16 or better. They are young, and think their hearing will be a constant for ever. All of that compression bombarding the ears, is going to take its toll one day.

Right now I have my HU settings on 0 for bass, and 0 for sub-volume. I might tweak it for some of the older tunes, (Older Jazz-Gospel) The contemporary stuff has an ample supply of low frequency sound. I have all the bass I need. I have bass on tap! And I was raised on it. Being black, I didn’t know too many people in my hood- who didn’t purchase their stereo components on Bass factor alone. Most R&B/Soul I grew up on had a strong bass component.

You don’t want your music to be drowned in bass. It should compliment- and add the right amount of fullness to a tune. You want bass extension, but not excessive bass saturation. Like the stuff you hear coming out the back of some of these cars. I'm sure its to catch dem girls I bet.

I find the Explorer to be perfect for the serious listener who wants to keep his tunes inside, rather than piss off the neighbors and the law. We are fortunate to have a vehicle designed in such a manner. And it does apply here in Ohio as well. They will take your stuff, and levy a hefty fine as well. So watch out.

gib

Originally posted by expo5.0
hey mine fire up and they sound just fine...

it does get pretty loud outside too, but thats the price you have to pay.

as for the person who thinks it makes you look like a moron or whatever- wait until someone with a real system pulls up beside you and you glance over and there is an explosion on the big screen and your car
bout breaks. you'll be jealous

that USED to be me, but now i don't have my 18xxx anymore :(

Mine sounds the same way on he outside, mainly hear the music, not the bass, I would probably prefer it that way (unless your trying to impress your friends). I can hear it pretty loud ouside of the truck if I turn it up (single 10") to the point where inside of the explorer when u talk it sounds like your talkin into a fan.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the only time i worry about how it sounds on the outside of my car is when my idiot neighbors wake me up 5:45 mowing the lawn or there dag didnt shut up the night before =) tee hehe

Back