Are you tired of the same old ........ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are you tired of the same old ........

bigtigexplorer

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Sierra Vista, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4x4
Gauges staring you in the face. White on black gauges have been around forever, and newer white gauges are becoming to common. Would you like something like these
Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed

A quote from the company: "All necessary gauges for your car are included speedo, tach, fuel, temp, oil etc. These are not simple overlays or cheap decals, they are TRUE REPLACEMENTS!"

These are the possible color combination:
Blue face - white/yellow letters
White face - blue/red/green letters
Red face - white/yellow letters
Yellow face - blue/red/green letters
Orange face - white letters

Gauges for all Explorers are available!!!

Prices are:
$95 - Standard gauge
$129.95 - Stardard gauge with custom logo or markings
Ex. "Powered by FORD". The custom logo or
marking will even light up at night.

If enough people are interested, I can negotiate a group purchase for a discount. The more the better.

If your interested please reply to this post, PLEASE only reply if you are serious about purchasing a totaly custom gauge for your X.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

woudnt it be hard to get a discount for a group purchase of different years and what if people want different colors?

if you could somehow manage a group buy, i would be very interested to hear some more.

How hard of an install would it be?

tbomb, It didn't seem to matter with the guy I spoke with. He said If I could get a number of people to call in with an order he would put them all aside untill he got enough for the discount then process them all at once.

ok89, I haven't actually pulled the dash to see, but it is a direct replacement for the factory one.

If it is a simple install i would probably be in.

ok89, I'm going to try and pull the instrument cluster tomorrow. I'll let you know how hard it was.

VERY VERY COOL!!! i'd be interested in a group buy

i havent done it to an explorer, but its kind of a pain in the a$$ to do. the speedo & tach wires usually are the biggest problem. also remember where your needles were pointing, or everything will be f$%#*& up. lots of people do it, it isn't impossible (just aggravating). but they look cool with a custom fiberglass dash.

group buy forum

You should have posted this in the group buy forum if you are trying to get a group buy together.

Anyways it looks like theres not goona be one so do you have a website for these gauges?
Grant-P

I checked out the site and it did not have a listing for the Explorer (any year) I would not mind a different style since I have had the White face gauges for a while now and even some Stock Xs have those.

Fantasymon, I posted it here because I wanted to see how many people would be interested before going through the motions of setting it up in the group buy forum. Anyway here is the link: Dead Link Removed

Kris Guilbeaux, Your right they don't have a listing for any year Explorer. However I called them up, and the guy I spoke with said if I sent him a original faces he could make a set. So if you want some just go to the junk yard and get the faces for your X and he should be able to make you set.

You guys might be interested in this company too, Nu Image. They have the ability to get a little more fancy, however it will come with a price, around $200+.

I put white guages on my Mustang. You have to be very careful where you take the needles off or your screwed like an above post mentioned. If they look decent at night I would be interested. Most color guages look cheezy at night due to poor quality.

I can make them for most anything!

Hey,
First let me say, cool board. I have a 96 X Sport, right now totally stock (have had it 2 months). I know the rules about companies posting, and I'm sorry, but there were a lot of questions that I thought needed to be answered. As far as the gauges, I can make them for most anything, but in order for the first set to be made, I'd need a set of originals. We use these to make an exact template. I have 11 different coloring options available. Now I know my site is more geared for the import guys, but that is slowly changing. I'm adding tail lights, Tokoco shocks, Nology wires, etc. that are great on Explorers. (I'm getting ready to shock my truck, and put on the wires myself). Give me a call or email me if I can be of any help. 1-888-542-3626

Later, Terry (web designer for
mmrusa.com)

Interesting...

Those look like they are from a ricer!

Those look like they are out of a Ricer Car!!!!

I'll Pass

Jokeman

Back