ATTN: Overhead Console Mount Possible Location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ATTN: Overhead Console Mount Possible Location

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
Ok, This is mainly for jon zensius but is also fro anybody... hope these are clear enough.... for a 91-94 X ... there are no extra crosmembers in the roof with a double thickness... however, the front area just above the windshiled is a doublewall area, as are the sides/ doorjambs, and behind the dome light, there is a doublewalled crossbeam..... hope these pics help, jon..... tell me if they arent understandable becuase of poor camera angle... as the roof is no longer mounted on my truck.... http://www.explorerforum.com/data/showgallery.php?cat=3118&ppuser=4019&thumb=1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They're good, thanks Jim. The double thickness as the windsheild is good info. Now I'ma cutting!

How "thick" is the space between the two layers? I have all the parts for my overhead console except for the screws that hold the bracket to the ceiling. I was just going to run to Home Depot and pick up some 1/4" sheet metal screws but I figured I would check to see if anyone knew

I used 1/2" sheet metal screws when I installed my CB in that location without any probems...

Attachments

• cb1.jpg
    cb1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 148

Thanks. 1/2" should be good since I have a few of those around here somewhere

Back