• Register Today It's free!

Auto Door Locks

Scott Binder

Reaction score
City, State
Dublin, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 XLT 202A, White Plat
I thought I have this set correctly, but shouldn't the door locks, lock when the car goes over a certain speed and don't they unlock when the car is put in park?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought I have this set correctly, but shouldn't the door locks, lock when the car goes over a certain speed and don't they unlock when the car is put in park?
Pretty certain my doors don't actually unlock until I open the drivers door. If the wife gets out first to try and get one of the boys out I have to unlock the corresponding door before she can get in.

I believe in your settings you can choose to "auto unlock" but that would be when the vehicle shuts off.

Auto unlock is only the driver's side (maybe the front passenger also).
The rear doors don't unlock until the driver opens the door or hits the unlock button.

ah, i don't use it as I don't want to unlock too early at times/location.

Autolock will lock the doors when the vehicle reaches a speed greater than 4mph (7 km/h). However, the 'Autolock' feature is not standard on all trims. Page 61 in the Manual goes over both features and you will see that the part on 'Autolock' shows (if equipped). If you don't have 'Autolock' in your Information Display settings then you don't have the feature.
I'm guessing you now have the Explorer so you can remove the (ordered) from your profile.;)

Peter

Autolock will lock the doors when the vehicle reaches a speed greater than 4mph (7 km/h). However, the 'Autolock' feature is not standard on all trims. Page 61 in the Manual goes over both features and you will see that the part on 'Autolock' shows (if equipped). If you don't have 'Autolock' in your Information Display settings then you don't have the feature.
I'm guessing you now have the Explorer so you can remove the (ordered) from your profile.;)

Peter
Thanks Peter! Have an XLT with 202 A

Back