bad front end vibration...... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bad front end vibration......

dougray

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer
hello, i have a 2001 ford explorer, and having a bad front end vibration, i think it is coming from the right(passenger) side, it happens at pretty much all speeds, when around 60-65mph it vibrates the steering bad, i jacked up both sides and jerked wheels every which way but loose and didnt feel any looseness,i checked everything to see if there is broken,worn,cracked,etc. and everything looked ok,, the tires and rims look ok,.. maybe someone out there has a suggestion? before i take it to alignment shop $$,,, thanks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same problem with the '01 Sport that I just bought. I would think the tires are out of balance, causing it to get worse the faster you go. When is the last time the tires have been rotated/balaced? How many miles are on them?

Aaron

hello, i have a 2001 ford explorer, and having a bad front end vibration, i think it is coming from the right(passenger) side, it happens at pretty much all speeds, when around 60-65mph it vibrates the steering bad, i jacked up both sides and jerked wheels every which way but loose and didnt feel any looseness,i checked everything to see if there is broken,worn,cracked,etc. and everything looked ok,, the tires and rims look ok,.. maybe someone out there has a suggestion? before i take it to alignment shop $$,,, thanks...

No bludges or cupping on the tire, check good and run your hand all the way around. switch the tires from the rear and see what happend

->

it feels/acts like something is bent/worn as it happens at all speeds , but the faster i go its less, except at around 60-65 when its vibrating the steering, i am going to try the tire/rim swap with front to back, honestly i dont think the tires/rims are the cause, but i'll try it,...thanks.

:(

ok after really looking at the front right tire it does have cupping,some tread is lower/higher than the other,so i switched wheels front to back ,and the vibrating from the front is gone ,so,i need new tires....it pays to really look :rolleyes: ,thanks!

Back