BBK supercharger

flyguy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gilbert, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 XLT V8
I was considering gettting a BBK supercharger.. anyone have any experience with that unit? how much power does it produce... I hear they claim 50% more but manufacturers lie... Also I was going to get a new throttle body and MAS to go with it... will I need new fuel injectors as well??? how many pounds would be wise? Plus where can I get the best prices and how much do new fuel injectors run?

Nick

I would be very impressed if you were able to get a BBK supercharger because as of yet they are not out on the market. If you ask around you get different different release dates too. Oh yeah, these things are not cheap.

Later on,

Drew

Really? I thought it was finally released? Doh. What are some of the projected release dates? And who besides explorer express is planning on carrying them?

Nick

Last that I heard was that it would be another 3 weeks. I heard this from Performance Brothers( http://www.performancebrothers.com ) whom are located only a few miles from BBK. BBK claims a 50% increase, but I am expecting something around 40%. One other thing about the blower, it is only made for the 4.0L V6 not the 4.0L V6 SOHC. The blower itself is $2699.99 plus installation kit $299.99. A 66mm throttle body would be $179.99. Headers and Y-pipe $349.99. A fuel pump may be included in the installation.

Later on Nick,

Drew

Back