• Register Today It's free!

Best way to get 2" lift?

junior426

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Hey there, going to be buying a 2001 sport trac soon. Im looking to make it a little more aggresive looking and I figure lifting it about 2 inches will be adequate. What the best method? TT and Shackle? Or is there a better method? Id prefer to stay away from a body lift. If so what size shackles should I buy and where can I get them from? Thanks for your help. Also curious as to what the biggest tire I can run is.

I'd say if you only want to do 2" max, you might as well do the TT and shackles. I believe you'll need 1.25" or 1.5" shackles that will run ya about $70 and the TT is free. Most popular shackles are the ones from Warrior... i believe the product code is WAR153... google 'em

I havent been able to locate a 2" lift for the sport trac but let us know how ya make out.

And Welcome to the forum!

TT and shackles get you about 1.5". For a straight 2.0" lift you'll need a body lift.
I had TT/shackles on my old '05 and ran 32" tires no problem and it looked good besides. :D

Im not sure I would do the warrior shackle lift in the rear. If the front is already lower due to the rake, I would do just the front to even things out. I was planning on doing the TT and body lift on mine.

Back