• Register Today It's free!

billet grill installation

BT4auBURN

Reaction score
City, State
Auburn, AL/Montgomery, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
I am wanting to install a billet grill and i have a few questions regarding the actual installation process but my main concern is this: In order for me to pop the hood i must reach through the grill and lift the lever. If I install a billet grill how will I do this? They sale billet grills for my year and model. It must be possible to do. If any of you have a billet grill and know the answer to my question please help me out. I want to buy it soon while it is on sale. thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think that most good billet grills come with a little extender for poping the hood. but make sure you get one with the extender, or youll be stuck having to use a screwdriver or something.

thats cool thanks man

I got one of those billet grilles that they sell on ebay, looks nice, was a pain to put on though. It is held on by only black tie-wraps, which were not long enough so i had to connect some of my own together with those to make it work. I dont know if this is how all billets are put on. As far as opening the hood, well that was my biggest problem, if i used a screwdriver to open it, it would dent the bars on the grille, so i rigged up a peice of alluminum right up front under the hood where i could reach it, and use that to open the hood. hope this helps, later.

I used some picture hanging wire and a couple of eye bolts and a key ring to pull it from the lower bumper grill opening. Know what I mean?

too much work

Back