Bluetooth/iPhone/no volume? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth/iPhone/no volume?

neverpromised

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this has been asked already. I just got a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT... and I LOVE it! However, after a couple days, I'm already having a problem with syncing my iPhone/audio. The first day, it worked fine. I synced my phone and it was playing off my iPod and even my Pandora app. Yesterday and today, nothing. When I tried the Pandora app, the car kept saying the iPhone was disconnected. Then when I plugged it into the USB, and told it to play a song, the screen showed it was playing that song - but there was no volume/sound.

I'm not great with technology and I have no clue what to do next. If anyone else has had this happen or has any suggestions, I'd much appreciate it! Thank you! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this has been asked already. I just got a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT... and I LOVE it! However, after a couple days, I'm already having a problem with syncing my iPhone/audio. The first day, it worked fine. I synced my phone and it was playing off my iPod and even my Pandora app. Yesterday and today, nothing. When I tried the Pandora app, the car kept saying the iPhone was disconnected. Then when I plugged it into the USB, and told it to play a song, the screen showed it was playing that song - but there was no volume/sound.

I'm not great with technology and I have no clue what to do next. If anyone else has had this happen or has any suggestions, I'd much appreciate it! Thank you! :)

Try doing the quick reset on your my ford touch system. In the menu there is a reset function, push it and let it do its thing. Also, reboot your iphone and then go through the steps to re-pair it with your sync. That should take care of your little glitch.

Thank you!

Thank you! I did this last night when I got home from work and it worked great! Still going strong this morning :) Thanks again!

Your welcome. I'm glad I could help. You shouldn't have to reset the MFT system much, if at all, but it doesn't hurt to reboot the iPhone every once in awhile.

Is your Iphone connected to the USB as well? I've noticed that the BLuetooth will Sync music and not the USB. Once I have switched the Itunes connection on the phone to Dock Connector and not Bluetooth, the music will work again. Unfortunately, I end up doing this while I drive (wife in back with kids) so be careful.

It wasn't working either way for me. When I had it plugged in the USB, it would show on the screen that the song was playing but there was no audio. When I was using Bluetooth for Pandora, there was no audio and it would keep saying disconnected. After resetting everything, it is working both ways now. Thanks for the tip!

It wasn't working either way for me. When I had it plugged in the USB, it would show on the screen that the song was playing but there was no audio. When I was using Bluetooth for Pandora, there was no audio and it would keep saying disconnected. After resetting everything, it is working both ways now. Thanks for the tip!

neverpromised,

Glad you were able to get this worked out with the help of tmilicia! This forum is so great at helping each other out, I am always impressed. If ever there is anything I can help with, please feel free to send me a PM.

~Seni

Back