• Register Today It's free!

Body Mount Bushing- Change

sakirfp

Reaction score
City, State
Forsyth GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT 4.6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is a can of worms I would not be looking to open for a same height replacement. My 2" body lift took the better part of a week due to bolt length issues and needing to order new front mounts. The front 2 mounts were the only that caused me any issues while removing the bolts- and also the mounts I needed to replace.

If the mounts are bad and falling apart, the fasteners are probably also going to suck to remove. May want to have replacement fasteners waiting as well.

The procedure for this will be about the same as ANY body lift for the trac... good luck. Must members get it done in a weekend. If you have my mechanical skill... it'll take about a week.

Thanks allot another thing on my list to buy like it isn't big enough already. But seriously I am getting ready to put my body lift in should be a great time to do this too.

I'm planning on doing my lift over the summer and was going to by the day star polyurethane bushings. Might as well do em at the same time!

Oops! Please delete THIS reply.

Me?

Back