BOSCH PLATINUM +4 SPARK PLUGS & BORG WARNER SELECT PLUG WIRES | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BOSCH PLATINUM +4 SPARK PLUGS & BORG WARNER SELECT PLUG WIRES

PHOGJR

Reaction score
I own a 1997 Ford Explorer Sport with the SOHC 4 liter engine. I have close to 40,000 miles on the SUV and have purchased a set of Bosch Platinum +4 spark plugs and a set of Borg Warner Select Spark Plug wires!

hAS ANYONE HERE PURCHASED ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED PARTS? IF YOU HAVE HOW WOULD YOU RATE THER PARTS?

I've had both for about 2000 miles. I noticed improved starts for certain. Too early to say on anything else.

I have the plugs, and had the wires... the plugs are good quality. The wires appeared to be good quality, but after removing them from the plugs more than once, the wire tore away from the boot on more than one of the wires (yes i know how to remove them correctly) ...however, they do have a lifetime warranty--if you dont mind returning them every time you change or check your plugs

That's the plug/wire combo I put in about 2 months ago at 120K miles. I have had the X for 2 years and it was the first time to the best of my knowledge they had been changed so the only thing I can compare the Bosch/BW set-up to is what I presume was stock. Definitely better and I am satisfied. You could definatly spend more for wires but I don't know if more expensive necessarily means better.

Back