Brake Hose Part Number

eric4welches

Reaction score
City, State
OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Hi.
I am trying to find a front driver side brake hose for my 1992 XLT 4WD. When I search online at AutoZone, Oreilleys, Napa, etc, they have a "note" that references a "To 1/92" and "From 1/92". Sure enough, based on the door sticker, my EX was manufactured 1/92. So I am not sure if I go with the "To 1/92" or "From 1/92" for the correct part number. I decided to gamble with one from NAPA only because they had it in stock. The new problem I have is that both parts (regardless of date) seem different than what I actually have installed. The connector on the hose that goes towards the M/C (not the banjo side) has two female fittings vs the one that I purchased only has one female fitting. The hose from Ford Auto Parts (online) looks correct (from the picture) but it costs $130.

So my question to the forum is....

Can anyone suggest an online store and p/n that they have used that does have this "different" but correct hose?

TIA!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Obviously, you need the part for "1/92", not before or after. :D

Hi.
I am trying to find a front driver side brake hose for my 1992 XLT 4WD. When I search online at AutoZone, Oreilleys, Napa, etc, they have a "note" that references a "To 1/92" and "From 1/92". Sure enough, based on the door sticker, my EX was manufactured 1/92. So I am not sure if I go with the "To 1/92" or "From 1/92" for the correct part number. I decided to gamble with one from NAPA only because they had it in stock. The new problem I have is that both parts (regardless of date) seem different than what I actually have installed. The connector on the hose that goes towards the M/C (not the banjo side) has two female fittings vs the one that I purchased only has one female fitting. The hose from Ford Auto Parts (online) looks correct (from the picture) but it costs $130.

So my question to the forum is....

Can anyone suggest an online store and p/n that they have used that does have this "different" but correct hose?

TIA!

My guess is, napa screwed up... The 1992 (early and late) both have the double female fitting. Vehicles with the front ABS have the individual lines (without the double fitting at the end of the rubber hose). RockAuto has the ford p/n listed on the dorman line listings, maybe that will help.

I don't know what the difference is from early 92 to late 92 but I have made my own hose for our '92 and used one of mine on a 1991 (not my 1991) so AFAIK, they are very close.

~Mark

Advance Auto carried the double fitting driver side hose. Didn't have passenger side in stock.

I had a hose for the passenger side from my 1993 that I never used... too long, wrong bend. found a store close with them in stock. getting harder to find parts

Rockauto... best parts site out there in my opinion.

Rock Auto is pretty good and accurate with pictures. If I have a question like that, I tend to go to the NAPA site (Dead Link Removed) and look at pics to compare against what I have. Then you know and you can save the part number for later.

FYI, NAPA premium is Raybestos Professional Grade. They're made in China. The NAPA packaging doesn't tell you but the part number is the same as Raybestos and their package does state that. I replaced my 3 hoses with that and they seem to hold up just fine.

Back