Broken 3rd row seat power motor assembly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broken 3rd row seat power motor assembly

Gilles Brassard

Reaction score
City, State
Alma, QC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012, Explorer, Limited
I am looking for a replacement left 3rd row seat power motor assembly.

I have removed the broken unit. There is no part number on the unit. Google search did not help. I suspect the motor assembly only comes with complete third row seat module.

Can anyone point me to the diagram for powered third row seat or provide a part number or source to get replacement part.

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Gilles.:wave:
I haven't been able to find anything related to a 3rd row seat motor. I did find a control module; Control Module - Ford (AU5Z-14F042-B) | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
I even looked under "motors" and did not find anything for the 3rd row.
As for a source, the dealership's parts department is a good place to get an OEM part. They mau even provide the actual part number.

Peter

I am looking for a replacement left 3rd row seat power motor assembly.

I have removed the broken unit. There is no part number on the unit. Google search did not help. I suspect the motor assembly only comes with complete third row seat module.

Can anyone point me to the diagram for powered third row seat or provide a part number or source to get replacement part.

Thanks in advance
How did you resolve this issue? I have a 2017 explorer platinum with the right side seat stuck in Fold position. It’s super annoying. Went to fix and the dealer wanted $1600! I need it fixed but can’t find any info about this part. The dealer said it was a known issue and they had seen it before, but he said you have to replace the bottom part of the seat and the motor. The part is almost $1000. Help!

For that kind of money and considering the young age of the donors, I'd hit up a junkyard. I'd also take your original out and look for the fault mode, maybe some kind of DIY fix or more lube on the replacement, fabricate a better part for what broke, or something.

Thanks. That’s what I’m hoping to do, but haven’t had luck finding the seat frame at a junk yard. I’m going to try to take it out, but there’s no error code so far.

Thanks. That’s what I’m hoping to do, but haven’t had luck finding the seat frame at a junk yard. I’m going to try to take it out, but there’s no error code so far.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The member you quoted was last seen here on May 28, 2018 so I doubt you will get a reply from him.

Peter

I want to say I found a part number for the motors a while back after some mental gymnastics, but I haven't torn into our ex to see for sure what's wrong to look again. I can tell you the MKT and Flex should use the same part when equipped with a power third row, which may aid your junkyard search at least.

Another option might be convert to manual operation? I'd seriously consider that, since it has already failed once and I wouldn't want to have to fix it again, and again.

Back