Broken seat tilt...You guys in the US of A have it sooo good! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broken seat tilt...You guys in the US of A have it sooo good!

ozexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT Quest
Crap, bum and bugger....i checked the used car warranties and guess what..either they have already run or they do not cover my brocken seat recliner mechanism! :mad:
Thats not the best part !!!!!
Can I have a quote to replace it, Mr Ford sevice manager?
Certainly sir, we'll call u with a price later on today.......
Wife gets the phone call later on in the arvo....
This is where it gets better....
recliner meachanism...wait for it....$274...fitting......$140...AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS!!!!!!:eek:
Tranlating to a total of $293 US(at time of posting)

Now..this is where I make my first internet purchase from Ford Parts Network, even with freight charges its gotta b cheaper than that, and thanks to CBoug76's great step by step details I will fit it myself!

Just have to make sure that I order the drivers side mechanism and not the left hand side seeing u lot drive on the wrong side of the road..lol!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there was a recall a few months ago about that...check it out, cuz I got a recall letter about that...

recalls only apply to US sold autos FYI we have no enforcement on autos sold overseas and so we cant force them to recall parts but I thiink most car companies do anyways

you could get a whold new seat for cheaper than that

I got a recall letter but it was only for a bolt in the seat, not actually for the recliner mechanism though.
A new seat for that price.....I wish:rolleyes: .....not in the land of OZ mate!
Anyone in Australia had any luck getting a free one out of Ford Australia, or is/has there been a recall on these in Aust.???

ah, the bolt...that is right, I wasnt really sure cuz I got rid of my X before I could get that fixed...

Back