Brush Guard for a 1998 explorer 4 door 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brush Guard for a 1998 explorer 4 door 4x4

Schralp

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
Hello all,

I'm looking for a cheap brush guard or bull bar that will hold a winch for my 98 Explorer, and everywhere I looks either has one that won't hold a winch, or is really expensive... Would anyone know where I can get a cheap one? Or would anyone have any plans that I could have to make my own?

Forgot to mention that I live on the far west coast of Canada.

Please let me know,
Thanks,
Schralp.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your best bet is a used one of Craigslist or Kijiji.
I can't find a cheap one either here in Toronto. Found a used one, but the guy went MIA.

I have a bush guard, needs to be painted, and there is no brackets, but you could probably mount a winch to it somehow. I bought it but I want to get some bumpers made instead. Im all the way in Calgary too tho.

I have a bush guard, needs to be painted, and there is no brackets, but you could probably mount a winch to it somehow. I bought it but I want to get some bumpers made instead. Im all the way in Calgary too tho.

What would you want for something like that? ^
Just curious. But you're not allowed to sell on this forum if you're not an elite.

Do you really want to attach a winch to something cheap and bolted onto your truck?

I think I'll have to pass Exploder-99, I don't want to have to deal with the shipping from Calgary to Victoria. Thanks though.

I think I'll have to pass Exploder-99, I don't want to have to deal with the shipping from Calgary to Victoria. Thanks though.

Well if you change your mind just let me know. I could meet halfway or even ship with greyhound. Otherwise I may eventually get around to making some mounts and putting it on the gfs explorer.

Back