Busted my EVAP Test port line, What is It??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Busted my EVAP Test port line, What is It???

Aussie Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Western Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
I Umm.. Busted my EVAP Test port line, is this a problem, anyone know what the hell it is. :confused:

I was mucking around with the horn assembly and broke this hose off it’s connection, the connection was plastic, I traced it back and the tag say’s EVAP Test Port, 1PSI Max. Tried to reconnect it but couldn’t so I just plugged it.

You'll be fine with it just being capped off unless they need to test the system. It's just an extension to allow them to connect to it to pressurize the system. (max 2psi I think).

Mine came loose from wherever it was supposed to be and rubbed against the power steering pulley. The subsequent leak caused a check engine light with a code for 'EVAP emissions leak, small'. A piece of electrical tape stopped the leak and all was well again. :)

-Joe

Cool, I ended up just plugging it with some sikerflex.

I was under there looking at my horn when I discovered that my battery had boiled at some point and spewed acid out and it had run down all over the horns and stuff, so I got a nasty surprise when I sore all the corrosion.

Back