camburg 6.0 kit for front or 4 inch TT with cam kit installed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

camburg 6.0 kit for front or 4 inch TT with cam kit installed

JSUkid06

Reaction score
City, State
Athens, GA. (home) Jacksonville, AL. (school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 sport
What would you guys get i know i would only get about 6 inches with the camburg kit but i could easily get 7 inches with the TT and 3 inch spindles. I know the ride will be stiffer with the TT, however some say its not as bad as people make it out to be. Just want to know ya'lls opinion.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well if cost is a concern go with the tt adn 3 inch spindles. but you will get the same amount of lift which ever you choose. 3 inches is all you gonna get out of a tt (and is all you should do) if you want more than you will need a body lift. but you can never beat a full suspension lift IMO

where are you getting 6" from camburg.... the Camburg 6.0 kit is not refrencing the lift.

and in no way shape form or fashion is the Camburg 6.0 any comparison to a TT and spindles.

I am looking at the Camburg site right now and it says up to 6 more inches of ground clearance for the Camburg 6.0 entry level system. So unless Camburg is just coming up with stuff off the top of their head (which i really doubt). I am going to beleive them. Also a member of this site i beleive his SN is Drw18 or something like that. I saw what he had done to his explorer. Which was a 4 inch torsion twist lift. He had used the torsion cam adjusters to get the camber right. I was just wondering which would be cheaper. For now the truck is just going to be raised for looks. Hopefully and this is later on down the line. I will do a SAS to it. Unfortunately that will be for after college.

If you want looks grab a set of spindles and crank the t-bars, if you want performance get the camburg 6.0 kit.

It says up to 6" more clearance... I am guessing they are estimating that you will run a 35 and crank the t-bars. Since the kit doesnt widen the suspension any and doesnt replace teh t-bars there isnt much you can do for added lift other than torsion twists.

the 6.0 kit uses a 3.5 inch spindle and then they crank the t bars up another 2.5 inches if you want to make it stiffer, if you wanna save money get the fabtech edge 3.5 spindles and 2.5 or 3" of TT

that makes more sence... I guess my reading skills arent the greatest tonight.

Back