camping tent that mounts to Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

camping tent that mounts to Explorer?

jbc4188

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport 2WD
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a camping tent that mounts to the rear of an Explorer? It seems like I saw some of these a few years ago for SUVs, but have not been able to find one lately. Just something I'd like to have for my Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do a search

There are a couple of members here with tents for their Ex's. One is a roof mounted version.....search in the modified section....and there is another tent that covers the liftgate I believe. Try searching and you should find them both.

Yes, TrckMagik and I have these tents.
Here is mine:
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
from Loftyshelters.com

and here's TrckMagiks:
View

I think he got his here:
Dead Link Removed

Hope this Helps,

Thanks guys!

Thanks,

That's what I was looking for, I'm going to get one of the rear mounted ones, the roof mounted one looks really nice but way over my budget.

Sinjin thanks for putting my picture up for them! I have been so busy lately w/ work I havent been on much. Anyways, I did purchase my tent at campmor.com for around 100.00 dollars. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Thanks Brian.

trckmagik, I was curious as to how your tent seals to your truck? My dad and I are both interested in getting those same tents for my Explorer and his Cherokee. I was wondering if there is a seal around the outside so it doesn't leak. Also how do you like it? And anything else about it. Thanks.

bump

Still wondering how is seals and so forth. And if you are happy with it.

Havent gotten a chance to use mine yet!

Back