Can Floor heat be adjusted in 2019 Sport using FORScan? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can Floor heat be adjusted in 2019 Sport using FORScan?

karabella0

Reaction score
City, State
The Plains, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
Hello! Newbie here! A year ago I purchased a 2019 Sport. My previous ride was a 2013 base. The 2019 floor heat sucks!! That is my ONLY complaint. I was reading about FORScan. Does anyone know if the floor heat can be easily adjusted through that software? Or will the dealer adjust it? Or is this just a setback I'll have to live with? Thanks!!

What to you mean by "floor heat"? The heat blowing out the bottom vents?? If so have you set the heat to just come out the floor vents? Is it also coming out of any other then the floor vents? If so the Mode door maybe broken. From the Shop Manual

Defrost/Panel/Floor Mode Door Position​

Airflow through the HVAC plenum is controlled by the defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator. The defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator contains a reversible electric motor and potentiometer. The potentiometer allows the HVAC control module to monitor the position of the defrost/panel/floor mode door. The potentiometer circuit consists of a 5-volt reference signal connected to one end of a variable resistor, and a signal ground connected to the other. A signal circuit is connected to a contact wiper, which is driven along the variable resistor by the actuator shaft. The signal to the HVAC control module from the contact wiper indicates the position of the defrost/panel/floor mode door. The HVAC control module powers the actuator motor to move the defrost/panel/floor mode door to the desired position. The desired position is set by the vehicle occupants using the mode selector buttons.

Hello! Newbie here! A year ago I purchased a 2019 Sport. My previous ride was a 2013 base. The 2019 floor heat sucks!! That is my ONLY complaint. I was reading about FORScan. Does anyone know if the floor heat can be easily adjusted through that software? Or will the dealer adjust it? Or is this just a setback I'll have to live with? Thanks!!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not sure what you are looking to adjust with FORScan. If the system is directing the airflow to the floor vents then I don't see what FORScan can do. If you're looking to increase the air temperature, that isn't something it can do as far as I know. The air temperature should be the same temperature coming out of all of the selected vents.

Peter

Back