Can you order 2016 with power liftgate w/o foot activation? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can you order 2016 with power liftgate w/o foot activation?

It might be possible to cover the sensors with duct tape, or foil tape. If it can't get a motion signal, then it won't open. I believe I read on a Police forum, that the electric tailgate is available on the Police Interceptors without the kick to open feature.
I find it interesting that many features that are available as stand alone options on the PI, are not available on the civilian version. Things such as movable pedals are not available on the XLT or base Explorer, but are available on the PI. I know that one feature not being available, such as the movable pedals takes a lot of people out of the buying market for a base or XLT Explorer, and into another brand of vehicle..

There is no power liftgate for the PI. The locking system behaves differently than a normal Explorer. Thats what the difference is.

You could just figure out how to cover the sensor, or maybe even bypass it altogether. I bet if you wanted , you could do that in the time it takes to drink a beer even.

Back