can you read the tire pressure through the obd2 port | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

can you read the tire pressure through the obd2 port

Same here, I tried last night and never found TPMS. I don't know where to get the Ford PID's for my 2015 Explorer. Can you enlighten us with that? Also I installed the Torque Scan for Torque Pro plug-in but I don't think that is working too well as it never finished it's scan. It is suppose to scan your ECU to find extended PID locations. I wouldn't think the TPMS would be in the ECU. I'd think it would be in the Body computer (Not sure what Ford calls it and even if Ford had a body control unit like other manufactures).

Forgot - Android phone as well - my OBD2 scanner and Torque Pro work well together in multiple cars.

You have to go into settings -> manage extra PIDs/Sensors -> Add predefined set -> Ford

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is forscan free or something? color me curious - I have a system I use on my GM cars - and it has all the ability to read ford but my software is for GM only.

I'm also looking at a new BT module

is forscan free or something? color me curious - I have a system I use on my GM cars - and it has all the ability to read ford but my software is for GM only.

I'm also looking at a new BT module

Full license of forscan is free on PC and a paid app on Android.

nice - and it shows all PID's? does it allow any programing and loading?

nice - and it shows all PID's? does it allow any programing and loading?

Oh yes, forscan replicates IDS that the service techs uses to get into programming and configuration.

You have to go into settings -> manage extra PIDs/Sensors -> Add predefined set -> Ford

i already have this on my torque pro, what should i do next after seeing this on the apps to be able to see the actual psi of all my tires.

Back