Canadians Came Through with a Supercharger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Canadians Came Through with a Supercharger

Galactica

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer ST
I did a search and couldn't find any people here with this kit, but I came across what is a rather convincing looking complete bolt-on 4.0L V6 Eaton M90 kit for $3500. They are claiming 50HP/ 50 ft-lbs on a 3.5 lb pulley with options to increase to a 5.5lb and 8.0lb pulley (I expect this would require more extensive modification to run safely. Anyway, nice little video of an 06 4.0L ranger with this kit and it seems to be a pretty good pulling little machine. I like it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-EXPLOR...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d16b67bd3&vxp=mtr

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's sweet, just make sure the rest of the motor can handle the extra power ad torque. I honestly would rebuild the 4.0 before I spent the money on the kit, install it and have the motor crap out shortly after, just me I guess. Then again I'm doing a V8 swap soon.

Interesting. .being a sohc im sure the rpcaster kit would also work

[MENTION=237944]Galactica[/MENTION]

Thanks for your interest in our Moddbox product! For more information and most up-to-date details, visit our blog page at http://modd.me/4-columns/... or follow us on Twitter / Facebook

Since you have a 2003, you might be happy to know we are working on a 2002 Ford explorer XLT 4.0L SOHC right now. We will have a kit specifically designed for your model for sale in the coming months.

Regarding the fitment of our Moddbox Ranger Kit to the explorers (and to Ranger models pre-2003)... quite a few things that are different. Since we Guarantee 100% Bolt-On Compatibility without modifications, you may want to stay tuned to our website and a grab our 2002-2005 Ford Explorer kit when it comes available!

We have had great success running this kit on the 2002-2005 Explorers and the 2006-2010 Explorer/SpTrac/Mountaineers (not yet released). We can't wait to get these products into full production!

I am slightly confused because your website specifically says you have 3 kits in stock for an 02-05 sport trac (I can understand that a few things would be different starting with the 03 model year though). Also, I assume you meant to say Mountaineer regarding your kit instead of Mariner, eh? Anyway, I will be considering this kit as a possible means to help with towing a little trailer. Looks like a kit that should have been offered from the factory. My compliments. Regards, Dorian

[MENTION=237944]Galactica[/MENTION]

Sorry Dorian. You're right... I meant to type "Mountaineer" in my previous post. Also, the kits we have available at present for the explorer is for the 2-door Explorer Sport and the Explorer Sport Trac (2002-2005). I assumed by your avatar photo that yours was a 4-door 2003. Since you have the Sport Trac, it is 100% compatible!

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE THE 2-DOOR SPORT OR SPORT TRAC, YOU CAN USE THIS COUPON CODE TO SAVE $350 USD! Click HERE for Product Info.
Coupon Code: EXPFORUM350
Valid on the 02-05 2dr Explorer/Sport Trac Supercharger Kit OR Installation Kit" only and good till January 31, 2014. Not valid with any other offer or sale.

Please be advised that this kit is 100% bolt-on. This means that there are no changes to your ecu, injectors, or tuning required. It comes with a 255lph fuel pump and everything required to get the job done. Guaranteed to be 100% compatible.

So just so we're clear and the rest of the member's that see this and might be interested the kits you have are for the Job2 4.0L V6 Explorer Sport/ Explorer Sport Trac.

If I wasn't in the process of doing a full V8 and drivetrain swap I'd be interested in the kit.

[MENTION=136768]MidnightRebel07[/MENTION]

You are correct. Just about any 2-Door Explorer Sport or Sport Trac from 2002-2005 is 100% Compatible

There is one exception. So to keep it simple... I've attached three photos we took the three 4.0L V6 engine bays you might see between 2002 and 2005.

Any engine bay that looks like this is 100% compatible

2002ExpSprt-late-1000-300x225.jpg

In early 2002 there were a few Explorers that have the same setup as the earlier 2001 model. (in the U.S, it may have started as early as 1997. SOHC with pretzel shape intake) These require minor modifications and they have not yet been included into our product line. Depending on demand, we may expand our product line to include a 100% compatible kit for this model as well. It looks like this. It is not 100% compatible at present

(We took this photo of an early model 2002 2-dr Sport early this year):
2002ExpSprt-1000-300x225.jpg

Finally, there is the 2002-2005 4-door. This product is COMING SOON and will be 100% Compatible We are currently running a prototype kit on a 2002 XLT 4-Door. This product will be released in the coming months (as well as 2006-2010 4-door and Sport Trac successor). We anticipate the product to come available by sometime in Early March.
(This is a photo of our actual R&D truck's engine bay prior to install)

2002Exp4dr-1000-300x225.jpg

Hope this helps :)

Just posted a universal tuning blog. This is applicable for all custom supercharger/turbo installs and even naturally aspirated. Those of you that bought these blowers will benefit from this simple "step-by-step" ... even if you don't buy our install kit it.
Check it out here: Moddbox Tuning Blog

Back